The 2016 Underclassmen Portrait Days will be September 29 and 30. The make-up date is November 10. It is FREE for students to take a portrait for the yearbook, but if you wish to order personal copies of the pictures, the student must bring the completed order form and payment on the day of pictures. CLICK HERE for an order form. Portraits will be taken during Phys Ed. classes. CLICK HERE for the schedule
THS Sophomores and Juniors experienced the dynamic performance of the JLine Dance Crew. Their message inspires respect, acceptance and diversity. Visit www.jlinedancecrew.com for a sample of the show.
Adding and/or dropping courses and level changesDuring the first week the Guidance Department will attempt to quickly resolve requests that reflect the following:
- A scheduling error resulting in an incomplete or inaccurate program
- Changes warranted by summer school makeup;
- Course addition(s) that do not require course drops
- Previous failure or noted conflict between student and assigned teacher;
- Level changes initiated by Content Supervisor.
- Teacher preference;
- Lunch considerations;
- An interest in joining friends in particular class;
- Moving Driver’s Education.
New Students enrolling in Tenafly High School whose primary language is not English will be given ELL Testing on August 26th 2015. Students unable to participate in testing on this date may not be able to begin school on September 2, 2015.
Time allocated to complete homework will differ from student to student. However, these guides were created with an aim to help guide students and parents in the course selection/placement scheduling process. Homework is only one of many factors that should be considered when developing a well-balanced, healthy schedule in school as well as out-of-school.